Haig-Brown Optometrists has been a family-centred practice since 1989. Our core values are based on meeting the needs of your whole family, providing excellent eyecare for life, regardless of age.
Our caring, thorough approach means that we pride ourselves on creating lasting relationships with our patients, so that you can be confident and comfortable in our services. We understand that some people may feel anxious about having their eyes examined, so we are happy to take the time to ensure that you are relaxed and calm. This is especially important for young children, where such a new experience can be intimidating. We endeavour to make their first eye examination experience as pleasant as possible.
Teenagers can be self-conscious of their appearance in glasses so we specialise in contact lens fitting to this age group. Adults with a family history of eye disease will appreciate our thorough diagnostic screening process, which allows us to detect any changes to eye health as early as possible. As we age people can require more specialised care, at Haig-Brown Optometrists we allow time for this in our appointment schedules.
We can also advise on sports or hobby specific glasses or contact lenses, if you are a keen cyclist or golfer then we have the experience to help you with the best options.
One of our core beliefs is that continuity of care is important, therefore we have always invested in the latest technology for assessing and monitoring the eyes.
· Using a non-invasive light to take an image of your retina, an optomap ultra-widefield retinal image will be taken to screen for early signs of eye conditions, as well as systemic diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, hypertension and high cholesterol. Screening for these conditions and early detection and treatment of these diseases can reduce the risk to your sight and health.
· We have had retinal photography in the practice for the last 25 years. This allows us to store a permanent photographic record of your retinas for future reference and monitoring.
· We also invested in OCT (Optical Coherence Tomography) technology in its infancy, back in 2004.
· We were the first optometric practice in the UK to have the Topcon OCT and have continually upgraded this technology to keep up with its rapid advancements.
· We have a Topcon Triton OCT in each consulting room, this not only allows us to photograph the retina but also takes detailed scans of the front surface of the eye and the deeper layers of the retina. This aids the effective diagnosis and management of more complex eye conditions such as Glaucoma and Macular Degeneration.